Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloweekend

I had a fun Halloween weekend this year. On Friday (Oct. 30th), my ward had their annual Halloween Barn Dance. It was well attended, and a lot of the costumes were awesome!
My costume was a modest Jessica Rabbit (from Who Framed Roger Rabbit).
This pic is of me, Molly, Merry, and Myles at the barn dance.
On Halloween, a group of us went into DC to go Trick or Treating at the Embassies. I got ready at the metro. Luckily, Merry was kind enough to hold the mirror for me. Adam held my purse with the make-up (a manly job for a ninja) and took pictures with Merry's camera.

Not really sure why this pic was necessary. I only have so many hands, I was standing, and I needed somewhere to put the lipstick.

Adam, Sarah, Merry (kind of) and I at Dupont Circle, waiting to Trick or Treat.

The crew at the Cosmos club, where we got some candy. Autumn, Adam, Cosmos Club guy, Jane, Molly, Merry, Heidi, Sarah and I.
A lot of the embassies didn't participate this year, but we had fun anyway!

Later that night a group of us went to a "haunted" corn maze at Field of Screams in Olney, MD. One guy with a chainsaw does not constitute "haunted", in my opinion.

.... but I'll admit, I screamed a little.


Later that night we all crashed out after watching Corpse Bride.
But we all popped up the instant we heard the words "chocolate cake"...

Even though Trick or Treating and the corn maze weren't as great as we had hoped they would be, we had fun! It's all about the people you're with, and I was with some awesome people! Not everyone that was there is in the pics on here, but you know who you are (Rob, Carl, Mazel). Thanks to great friends for a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Rach!!! How about I had NO idea you have a blog! I am so glad you found me. haha

    Plus! I love your costume! Things out in DC look so fun and adventurous. School is my adventure at the moment that and trying to remember to keep my clothes color coded so Josh doesn't get frustrated with me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tasha!

    Kimber, are you kidding me? Your clothes color coded??? How funny!
    Yes, DC is one, big adventure. And don't feel bad, I just started this blog. Any stuff older than this month is stuff I added from other websites. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a smashing looking group!! you've inspired me to finally write my own halloween blog post--which will probably look strikingly similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete